Cherisse H. Cleofe
Cherisse H. Cleofe is an associate at Kiesel Law LLP. Her practice focuses on mass tort litigation, consumer class actions, catastrophic personal injury, and other complex litigation in federal and state court. Ms. Cleofe received a B.S. in Management Science from the University of California, San Diego and earned her J.D. from the University of San Francisco School of Law. She was admitted to the California bar in 2013. Ms. Cleofe is licensed to practice before all courts of the State of California and the United States District Courts of the Central District, Southern District, Northern District, and Eastern District of California.
Ms. Cleofe currently serves as Plaintiffs’ Liaison Counsel in the Wright Hip Systems Cases, California Judicial Council Coordination Proceeding (JCCP) No. 4710. Since joining Kiesel Law LLP, Ms. Cleofe has represented plaintiffs in mass tort litigation, including plaintiffs in the following actions:
- In Re: Wright Medical Technology, Inc., Conserve Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation, Multi-District Litigation (MDL) No. 2329;
- Wright Hip Systems Cases, JCCP No. 4710;
- In Re: Biomet M2A Magnum Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2391;
- In Re: DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc., Pinnacle Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2244;
- DePuy ASR Hip System Cases, JCCP No. 4649
- In Re: Zimmer Durom Hip Cup Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2158;
- In Re: Stryker Rejuvenate Hip Stem and ABG II Modular Hip Stem Litigation, Master Docket No. BER-L-936-13, a New Jersey state multi-county litigation;
- In Re: Lipitor (Atorvastatin Calcium) Marketing, Sales Practice, and Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 4761;
- Lipitor, JCCP No. 4761;
- In Re: Johnson & Johnson Talcum Powder Products Marketing, Sales Practice, and Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2738;
- Johnson & Johnson Talcum Powder Cases, JCCP No. 4872;
- In Re: MicroPort Orthopedics/Wright Medical Profemur Coordination, Circuit Court of Shelby County, Tennesee Coordinated Proceedings;
- In Re: Profemur Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2949; and
- Woolsey Fire Cases, JCCP No. 5000.
Ms. Cleofe was a member of the trial team that won a record $417 million jury verdict in Echeverria v. Johnson & Johnson for a woman who contracted ovarian cancer due to her use of talcum powder products. She was also a member of the trial team that won a unanimous $11 million federal jury verdict in Christiansen v Wright Medical Technology, Inc., the first bellwether trial in multidistrict litigation involving over 500 cases about the Wright Medical Conserve “metal-on-metal” hip replacement device.
Ms. Cleofe is on the Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) Litigation Section Executive Committee, serving as Co-Chair of the Legislation Committee, and the USF School of Law Board of Governors. She is also on the Board of Directors for the Philippine American Bar Association (PABA) and served as its President in 2020. She formerly served on the LACBA Barristers Executive Committee and the Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Los Angeles (APABA) Governing Board. She is a member of the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA), American Association for Justice (AAJ), Federal Bar Association (FBA), Association of Business Trial Lawyers – Los Angeles (ABTL), and the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA).
- Differentiating Mass Torts from Class Actions, Los Angeles Lawyer (November 2017)
- Conducting Voir Dire in Civil Trials, Daily Journal (December 2016)