Valsartan Recalled Due to Cancer Risk
To contact us Click Here or Call us at (310) 854-4444
The FDA has recalled the blood pressure medicine Valsartan. Kiesel Law LLP has initiated litigation on behalf of those who took Valsartan and have been diagnosed with cancer.
What is Valsartan? Valsartan is the generic version of Diovan, a prescription medication used for the treatment of high blood pressure and congestive heart failure.
What is the defect? A Zhejiang Huahau Pharmaceutical facility in China manufactured a generic formulation of Valsartan which was contaminated with the cancer-causing substance N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA). Zhejiang Huahau supplied the contaminated ingredient to several companies, including Prinston Pharmaceutical and Teva Pharmaceuticals.
On October 24, the FDA updated its list of recalled Valsartan products, which were produced by the following companies:
- Teva Pharmaceuticals labeled as Major Pharmaceuticals
- Prinston Pharmaceutical Inc. labeled as Solco Healthcare LLC.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals USA labeled as Actavis
- AvKARE (Teva/Actavis)
- RemedyRepack Inc. (Prinston/Solco)
- A-S Medication Solutions LLC (Teva/Actavis & Prinston/Solco)
- Bryant Ranch Prepack Inc. (Teva/Actavis)
- H J Harkins Company Inc. dba Pharma Pac (Prinston/Solco)
- Northwind Pharmaceuticals (Teva/Actavis)
- Hetero Labs, Inc. labeled as Camber Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- NuCare Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Prinston/Solco)
- RemedyRepack, Inc. (Hetero/Camber)
- AvKARE (Hetero/Camber)
- Preferred Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Hetero/Camber)
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited
- RemedyRepack, Inc. (Torrent)